Friday, January 7, 2011

I have a lot to catch up on, but all I can think about is how I tried to convince Cody to remake the Finoa Apple music video I had posted because it would be hilarious... but he refused, and then got his beautiful shaggy hair cut for his externship at the Goldwater institute that starts on Monday. So now it wouldn't be nearly as cool. Boo. Maybe in the summer? ... Cody???

Moving on...

I realized that I have neglected to write about my little Mack for quite some time now. I love this boy. Does he speak? No, no, he doesn't. But he did just add a word into his repertoire; UNCLE. (thank you uncle Jacoby) He doesn't just speak it, but he screams it. This is how our conversations go all day, every day..

Me: Mack, Say window.... w i i i n d o w w
Mack: UNCLE!!!!! *Screamed*
Me: Mack, say juice..... J e www c
Mack: UUUNCLE!!!!! *Screamed*
... we do this all day.
I'm not so much worried about his speech at this point, but if he hasn't improved any by his 2nd birthday I will get a speech therapist involved.

These pictures are tiny because they came off of Cody's Phone, but this is Mack's White suit that I found at a thrift store for 5 bones. Ha ha ha ha ha. He is quite a spectacle walking around church
Mack might not be talking yet, but I am pretty sure he is a genius who refuses to talk because it is beneath him. :) He is a champion at staking blocks. He does this all day. I think the one in the picture has 13 blocks, but that is not one of his biggest by a long shot.

He also knows all of his colors and has for over a month, he insists that I (because he will not ) name a color and then he will point to it. I put a 3ft Christmas tree in his room this year with multi-colored lights and he insisted that we played this game non-stop!! He also groups all of his colored blocks and stuff like that. ..to the point that it is borderline ocd.

He is also learning the alphabet. I am in no way shoving this stuff down his throat, he just non stop whines until I tell him which letter is which. He loves playing with the alphabet magnets on the refrigerator. So far he knows A, B, C, H, K, M, O, S, W and X.

He is also very ... funny, I guess I could call it. He just does things in a very exact way. He will NOT eat green candy... because green is his favorite color. The other day I gave him a little stack of M&M's and then a few minutes later I came back to find that he had eaten all of them except for the green ones. He refuses to eat them .. I find little uneaten green candies all over my house. (please feel free to lecture me on giving my child candy in the first place)

I love this boy!!! He is overall very good tempered and extremely easy to make laugh. He loves Little Einstein movies, family, the park, feeding ducks, reading books, water in any form, and eating candy (unless it is green). The older Mack gets the more and more I love him.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird to realize that your kid has a personality all his own? I think that white suit is probably the coolest thing at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His suit!!! BAHAHA!!! He is so cute. Presley LOVES candy. I bribe her to sit still while I fix her hair with it. So I cannot scold you. Im just as bad. Were learning colors and the ABCs too. We sing the song while we brush her teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hee - the suit! Oh I've got to get Aiden one. Of course, it's nothing without the black shirt. I miss my Mac!

    ReplyDelete